PA/NJ Loop Trail System Closed
April 7, 2020
The Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park in New Jersey will close as of 8 p.m. today, April 7.
The consequence of this action is that the PA/NJ Loop Trail system will not be usable. Park visitors will not be able to cross between the Delaware Canal towpath in PA and the D&R Canal towpath in NJ at the following locations:
- Uhlerstown, PA – Frenchtown, NJ
- Lumberville, PA – Bulls Island, NJ
- Centre Bridge, PA – Stockton, NJ
- New Hope, PA – Lambertville, NJ
- Washington Crossing, PA – Washington Crossing, NJ
- Morrisville, PA – Trenton, NJ
The Delaware Canal State Park towpath in PA remains open for passive bicycling and walking. Currently the towpath is very crowded, so maintaining a distance of at least six feet apart is vital. If the Park is too busy, consider returning at another time or exploring your backyard or neighborhood.
Please help keep the Delaware Canal State Park safe and clean by following these practices:
- Do not hike or recreate in groups – go with those under the same roof and stay six feet apart.
- Use the bathroom before you visit.
- Bring a bag and carry out your trash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Avoid activities that put you at greater risk of injury, as there is limited staff to assist.
Meanwhile, the Friends are working remotely. Contact us at email@example.com or call 215-862-2021, though the phone response may take a bit longer.
Enjoy spring and be safe, please.